The right lighting can completely transform a room and the Pineapple Girls love a great statement chandelier! When choosing a fixture, first think about what type of look you are going for in the space. Do you want to create casual elegance? An organic, coastal look? Or perhaps you are going for something very modern.
There are so many great options. The Modern Farmhouse look is definitely trending. We love this look, mixing rustic with clean, modern lines. The chandelier below would look great with a distressed farmhouse table in a dining room. Add some contemporary upholstered seating to complete the look.
Beaded chandeliers are also extremely popular. The beads can create a calming, spa feel in your bedroom or bathroom. The hemp on the chandelier below creates a more casual look so you can use the piece in other spaces than the dining room.
Tips for hanging your chandelier:
- When you are ready to hang your chandelier, do not skimp on the time it takes to do the job right. It should be held securely in place with the proper fasteners. Hire a professional to make sure the job is done correctly.
- When hanging a chandelier make sure it is at least 48” from all the walls to avoid overwhelming a small room.
- Chandeliers have lots of bulbs. Make sure to use low watt bulbs to avoid both excessive heat and glare. Add a dimmer switch to add mood lighting to any room.
- In order to guarantee that the view of dinner guests is not blocked unnecessarily, hang your chandelier approximately 30”-34” above the table
- A chandelier should be in proportion to table it hangs over, keep the width to around 12 inches narrower than table should do the trick.